Fall play cast gathers for first rehearsal after auditions and callbacks conclude

Junior Dilara Ezer and senior Maxwell Woehrman rehearse an excerpt of a scene from “The Comedy of Errors” during callbacks yesterday. The play will be performed from Oct. 26 to Oct. 28 at the Blackford theater.

Kathy Fang

Kathy Fang

by Kathy Fang, Photo Editor

Rehearsals for the fall play, “The Comedy of Errors,” began today after the cast list was announced via email to students last night.

Twenty sophomores, juniors and seniors will perform in the play while around 10 freshmen will illustrate an opening sequence in the first 10 minutes of the play, using puppets and invented props to visually portray a long monologue for the audience.

“[The play] requires people to make huge choices, and so that was exciting, because people did bring in big choices, but it’s challenging,” director of the play Jeffrey Draper said. “This play will demand a lot of them, in a good way.”

Rehearsals will be held daily in Draper’s room from 3 to 6 p.m., with exceptions for special events such as Sophomore Juries performances and Student Directed Showcase auditions.

The cast will perform three shows from Oct. 26 to Oct. 28 at the Blackford theater. “The Comedy of Errors” will be the last fall play held at the middle school.

Correction: September 10, 2017

A previous version of this piece incorrectly stated that the cast is to perform two shows on Oct. 26 and Oct. 28. This article has been corrected to reflect the cast’s performance schedule of three shows from Oct. 26 to Oct. 28.