Weekly Previews: Oct. 25-29

by Desiree Luo, Asst. Sports Editor

Football

The varsity football team concluded their season with a 68-40 victory over the California School for the Deaf last Thursday on Senior Night.

Dylan Parikh (11) rushes during the varsity football team’s match against the California School for the Deaf this past Thursday, Oct. 21. (Alysa Suleiman)

Water Polo

The varsity boys and girls water polo teams will continue their runs in the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League (SCVAL) tournament throughout the week, with the boys traveling to Palo Alto High School and the girls to Los Gatos High School on Tuesday and Thursday. The boys will play at 4:30 p.m. and the girls at 7:15 p.m. on Tuesday. Matches are expected to last the entire day on Thursday. The junior varsity boys water polo team’s season ended last Thursday.

Connor Wilcox (12) shoots the ball for a five-meter as Elvis Han (12) cheers him on during a game against Leigh High School on Oct. 22. (Olivia Xu)

Girls Tennis

The varsity girls tennis team hopes to maintain their undefeated season record in their match against Crystal Springs at home on Tuesday at 4:15 p.m. They secured a WBAL league championship title on Thursday after dominating Menlo 5-2.

Anushka Mehrotra (11) swings at the ball during a game against Notre Dame Belmont on Sept. 28. (Tiffany Chang)

Girls Volleyball

The freshman, junior varsity and varsity girls volleyball teams will play their final games of the season against Notre Dame on Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., respectively.

Rachel Ning (11) sets the ball during the varsity girls volleyball Senior Night game against Mercy High School this past Friday, Oct. 22. (Katelyn Zhao)

Girls Golf

The girls golf team will contend for the WBAL Championship title tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. on the Sunnyvale Municipal Golf course after defeating Notre-Dame Belmont 232-269 on Thursday.

Khanhlinh Tran (9) prepares to swing at the golf ball on Oct. 11. (Lakshmi Mulgund)

Cross Country

The cross country team has no meets scheduled for this week.

Alex Liou (12) sprints to the finish line during the varsity boys race at the Artichoke Invitational on Oct. 2. (Erica Cai)