Weekly Previews: Oct. 11-15

by Desiree Luo, Reporter

Football

Coming off a 26-42 loss to Marina High School on Saturday at the annual Homecoming Game, the varsity football team, which now has a record of 2-4, will play against Watsonville High School in an away game this Thursday at 6:00 p.m.

Om Tandon (10) defends a Mariners player. (Esha Gohil)

Water Polo

The varsity boys, junior varsity boys and varsity girls water polo teams will play away games at Los Gatos High School this Tuesday at 4:30 p.m., 5:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., respectively. Then, the girls team will compete against Palo Alto in a match at home on Thursday at 4:30 p.m.

Indigo Lee (11) prepares to throw the ball over the outstretched arm of a Gunn High School defender. (Julie Shi)

Girls Tennis

The varsity girls tennis team, which currently has a record of 6-0, looks to continue their win streak in a home match against Sacred Heart Preparatory School on Tuesday at 4:15 p.m. and in an away game against Notre Dame-Belmont on Thursday at 4:00 p.m.

Sara Wan (11) swings at the tennis ball during the varsity girls tennis team’s win over Notre Dame Belmont. (Tiffany Chang)

Girls Volleyball

The freshman, junior varsity and varsity girls volleyball teams will travel to Sacred Heart on Tuesday and Notre Dame-Belmont on Thursday. On both days, the freshman team will play at 4:00 p.m., the junior varsity team at 5:00 p.m. and the varsity team at 6:30 p.m. 

The varsity girls volleyball team huddles up after a point in the first set. The girls lost 16-25, 15-25, 17-25. (Kinnera Mulam)

Girls Golf

The varsity girls golf team will play Castilleja at the Bay View Golf Club today at 3:30 p.m. They will then face Mercy High School at the Los Lagos Golf Course on Friday at 3:00 p.m for Senior Night.

Khanhlinh Tran (9) prepares to swing at the golf ball. (Lakshmi Mulgund)

Cross Country

The cross country team will compete in the Rough Rider Meet this Friday at Woodland Park in Fresno.

Veyd Patil (10) sprints to the finish at the Artichoke Invitational cross country meet on Oct. 2. (Erica Cai)