School Meeting Recap – 9/22

ASB+President+Sarah+Bean+%2812%29+addresses+the+school+during+school+meeting.+

Maya Jeyendran

ASB President Sarah Bean (12) addresses the school during school meeting.

Head of School Christopher Nikoloff will be hosting a seminar on the DNA of thought in the Nichols auditorium beginning this Wednesday during long lunch. There will be six total seminars, and the first seminar will cover the topic of ideas that humans judge by.

Students exiting the Saratoga campus on foot should walk on the side of the road with the sidewalk for both safety and legal reasons.

Freshman conservatory certificate candidates must attend a mandatory workshop that will take place in the rehearsal room during this Wednesday’s long lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.

LIFE board representatives reminded students to refrain from texting or using their cell phones while driving to prevent accidents and death.

Students who wish to tailgate before the Homecoming Game, which will take place on Oct. 4, can arrive on campus at 5:30 p.m.

The lacrosse team is hosting a meeting for students interested this Friday after school in the Nichols atrium.

Spirit night will take place this Friday, and students who wish to sign up should do so during class meeting tomorrow.

The second round of dodgeball will take place this Wednesday during long lunch. The freshmen will face the sophomores, and the juniors will face the seniors.

Homecoming Court princes and princesses were announced on the spirit board earlier today and voting for homecoming king and queen will take place next Wednesday during lunch.

Eagle Update: Girls’ tennis defeated Kings Academy last week. Boys’ water polo won over both Lynbrook and Fremont last week, whereas the girls’ team lost to Lynbrook and Fremont but won against Kings’ Academy. Girls’ volleyball defeated both Carmel and Willow Glen last week. Boys’ football lost to Swett high school last week, and will face Mt. Pleasant this Friday.

There will be an alternate schedule on Thursday for long advisory.