Student Council sells Valentine’s Day grams

Alexis Gauba

ASB Secretary Vincent Lin sells Valentine grams at lunch. Roses cost three dollars while chocolate boxes cost six.

Members of student council have been selling Valentine’s Day grams, which are available from now to Jan. 30 through online orders or stations set up outside Manzanita during both lunches.

Students and faculty can send special Valentine’s Day greetings in the form of a six-piece chocolate box for six dollars. Roses can be purchased for three dollars each. The combination of a rose and a chocolate box is eight dollars.

“This is a service that we offer to the students. Everything about this is non-profit, we don’t make it to fundraise, so what we buy from the florists and from See’s, all of that is the exact same price that we sell,” ASB secretary Vincent Lin said.

Many students enjoy embracing the holiday spirit by sending and receiving chocolates and roses.

“I think they’re really cute, and it’s a nice way to show your love and appreciation for someone,” Shivani Gohil (10) said.

Sarah Baz (9) uses the Valentine grams to make her peers feel special.

“I think they’re super fun because I send them to random people and don’t put my name on it, and then people get excited and I love making people’s day,” she said.

Although some students enjoy the Valentine grams, many have differing opinions.

“I feel that sure roses and everything are special, but it’s kind of generic, if you want to give something special to someone then actually try to put some effort into it,” Neymika Jain (9) said.

Monica Thukral (12) expressed the inconvenience of the treat deliveries.

“The delivery date is on Feb. 6 and half the school is going to be gone for DECA, so it’s really not a good idea,” she said.

Students can place their orders for one gram here:
https://docs.google.com/a/students.harker.org/forms/d/1SibQKguBb7XsqLh0cYBOK3-d-BfoBCaLutGioFNff9g/viewform

or multiple here:
https://docs.google.com/a/students.harker.org/forms/d/16OLX_lFfgHuhppmwY9akKB7IGoMbxtUaNTLIG0up9_4/viewform