Upper School girls play Powderpuff for Spirit Week

On the third day of Spirit Week, April 25, both students and staff gathered on Davis Field, donning their Decades Day gear either to participate in or to cheer on the Powderpuff teams.

Though both sides showed great effort, the Sophomore-Junior team eventually dominated the Powderpuff game, winning with an overall score of 24 to 0 against the Freshmen-Senior team.

Even with the defeat, the freshmen had an enjoyable time participating in their first powderpuff.

“[Playing Powderpuff] was really fun. It gave me an opportunity [to] bond with my friends in a spirit activity, and it got the class fired up,” Nikita Mittal (9) said.

During halftime of the flag-football game, the male cheerleaders presented their routines. The sophomores were led by Lauren Cali (10), while cheerleaders Daniela Lee (9), Riya Godbole (9), Saira Ahuja (12), and Jessica Lin (12) coordinated the routines for the freshmen and seniors.

“Cheerleading was a fun experience and has been for the past three years for me. It was a chance for all of us guys to go out there and have fun, be crazy, and show the entire school how much spirit we have,” Rohit Agrawal (11) said.

For the rest of the week, activities will continue being held during both lunches for students to earn spirit points for their class. To culminate Spirit Week, students and staff will gather on Davis Field once again on Friday for the Spring Rally.