School meeting recap–9/8

Vijay Bharadwaj

Students talk about the music workshop for the certificate program. The music workshop will be held in Jennifer Sandusky’s room from 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. on Sept. 10.

Starting today, teachers are not mandated to attend school meeting due to space constraints in the gym. The upper school Journalism team will post a video of the school meeting every Monday.

Students can participate in the stock market game by emailing [email protected] with their team members. They are encouraged to contact the Harker investment club for ideas regarding the stock market game.

The robotics team continues to meet every Thursday. They will take part in the CalGames on Oct. 2-3. Students can contact [email protected] for more details regarding the robotics team and upcoming events.

The Horizon club is offering peer run scientific review for competitors writing papers for science competitions such as SIEMENS or synopsis. Papers will also be evaluated by faculty members and past winners of contests. The club will also feature research in their journal released in spring.

Students in the certificate program have the opportunity to participate in a music workshop known as Singers’ Masterclass. The workshop will be held on Sept. 10 from 3:45 p.m to 4:45 p.m. in room 53 in Patil’s performing arts wing. Emily Sinclair, professor of voice at UC Santa Cruz, will run the workshop. Interested participants should email Sandusky at [email protected].

Harker spirit committee is closing up the homecoming nominations today.

Girls volleyball won two games and lost three at the Milpitas Spikefest on Saturday. The team will travel to Carmel High School tonight.

Boys water polo lost two games and won one at the Wilcox Tournament over the weekend. The junior varsity boys water polo team will play at the Homestead tournament this Saturday.

Girls tennis travels to California Classic Tournament in Fresno on Friday and Saturday.

Varsity football lost to Yerba Buena High School last Friday with a score of 21-38. The football game on Friday will be a “black-out” game, where students are encouraged to wear black.

Students will hold club fair this Wednesday during long lunch.