School meeting recap 2/23

Shannon Su

Senior Madelyn Wang introduces the members involved with the art show to start of the announcement. The Upper School’s annual art show will take place this week during long lunch in the Atrium.

Japanese National Honor Society announced the start of its club week. Members will be selling various Japanese snacks after school to raise money for a Japanese earthquake relief fund.

Diane Main, Assistant Director of Instructional Technology, reminded students to keep all passwords private and to keep track of their laptops at all times.

The Upper School’s annual art show will take place this week during long lunch in the Atrium. The show will feature the concentration portfolios of 23 students, and will include works of photography, painting, drawing, sculpture and graphic art.

New purple trash bins have been installed in multiple places on campus, designated for the disposal of Capri Suns.

The Hoscars annual talent show auditions signups are due this Friday. An email form was sent out to all students last week.

Boys basketball qualified for CCS, hosting a first round game against Del Mar this Thursday at 7 p.m. Girls basketball also earned a CCS bid with an away game against Carmel High School tomorrow. Boys soccer ended its season last Friday with an overall record of 10-4-2. Spring sports competitions begin this week.

The results of last week’s dragon dance class competition were announced, with freshmen in first place, juniors in second place, sophomores in third place and seniors in last place.

As its final panel for this year, CareerConnect is hosting a business panel this Wednesday during long lunch. The panel will include the president of the Golden State Restaurants Inc., the U.S. president of Kidzania and a professor of business from the University of Virginia.