COVID-19 in Santa Clara County
Music Monday is a new installation featuring a different category of songs on a weekly basis.
Music Monday: Forge through finals with traditional Chinese music

Hammies and Senior Showcase rescheduled to Friday

Emma Milner
Fallen electrical lines outside of the music resource room caused the power outage. Notices informing students of the cancellation went out throughout the following hour.

A power outage on the upper school campus led to Hammies and Senior Showcase being postponed before the show started on May 18. The event is rescheduled to Friday after school.

Fallen electrical lines outside of the music resource room caused the power outage. Upper School Division Head Paul Barsky Paul Barsky stated that it “impacted the school and some of the surrounding area.” The cancellation occurred as students were starting to arrive. Notices informing students of the cancellation went out throughout the following hour.

I think that the school could have had better communication with people,” conservatory member Helen Gu (10) said. “They sent the notice out at different times for different people, but personally I received the notice that it was going to get canceled at 5:30 which was 30 minutes into when the show would have started.”

Students, parents and staff received an announcement about the show’s cancellation from the Office of Communications messaging channel Saturday afternoon. An email was sent out on Sunday regarding rescheduling. (Sidak Sanghari)

Barsky sent another email updating students of the rescheduled date on Sunday at 9:57 p.m. The email stated that Hammies will take place on Friday at 2 p.m., and Senior Showcase will follow at 3.

“Rescheduling an event of this size and complexity is no easy task,” the update said. “For many reasons including other end-of-the-year events on this and Union campus, we are only able to offer Friday afternoon as the day for the Hammies and SDS.”