Kathy Fang, Editor-in-Chief

Kathy Fang (12) is the editor-in-chief of Harker Aquila. This is her fourth year on staff. From covering local marches and protests to initiating Harker Aquila's 2020 Elections coverage project in January 2019, Kathy hopes to continue bridging the worlds of national news and student journalism, one story at a time. Beyond journalism, she is a performer, student director, humanities scholar and, above all, an aspiring storyteller.

All content by Kathy Fang
“My ability to adjust to these situations by readily adapting and optimizing the outcome of the unpredictable led to superior outcomes and taught me the power of flexibility and open-mindedness. The unknown used to terrify me, but I have learned to recognize, appreciate and find comfort in unplanned spaces. Rather than remaining married to my plans, I have gained trust in myself to think creatively on the spot and in others,” Aarzu Gupta (’20) said.

Humans of Harker: Story of a STEMinist

by Kathy Fang, Editor-in-Chief
June 9, 2020
“Nothing is too crazy. Nothing is too much. Everything can be achieved if you just put your mind to it,” Roma Gandhi (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Rise to unite

by Kathy Fang, Editor-in-Chief
April 3, 2020
Biology teacher Thomas Artiss, at a thrifted typewriter that he brought to his classroom for students to experiment with. In his Heart of Harker guest column, Artiss responds to the newly popularized phrase OK Boomer.

Heart of Harker: OK Millennials!

by Thomas Artiss, Guest Writer
December 16, 2019
Head of Security Tor Wormdahl and SJPD School Liaison Officer Sean Mattocks patrol the campus on Nov. 14.

Safe at home?

by Eric Fang and Kathy Fang
November 20, 2019
Anna Weirich (11) competes at WBAL league finals on Nov. 8. Anna won the CCS Division 4 girls championship, ahead of the second place runner by 47 seconds.

Cross country runner wins CCS, qualifies to States

by Aditya Singhvi, Aquila Co-Sports Editor
November 19, 2019
The Princeton Roaring 20 sings at school meeting last Friday. Harker alumni Ishanya Anthapur (‘15) is a part of the group, which was touring the Bay Area during Princetons fall break.

Princeton choir group performs at school meeting

by Lucy Ge, Asst. News Editor
November 4, 2019
Load More Stories