Our immigrant stories

Ella Yee
Ella Yee, Aquila Co-Editor-in-Chief
Ella Yee (12) is the co-editor-in-chief of Harker Aquila, and this is her fourth year on staff. This year, Ella hopes to continue bonding with the journalism staff and highlighting diverse perspectives within the local community. In her free time, she loves to dance, drink matcha lattes and watch Kdramas.
Sally Zhu
Sally Zhu, Aquila Co-Editor-in-Chief
Sally Zhu (12) is the co-editor-in-chief of Harker Aquila, and this is her fourth year on staff. This year, Sally wishes to interview more people around campus and interact with all members of the journalism team. In her free time, she likes to solve fun puzzles, listen to music and collect all types of stationery.
Ananya Sriram
Ananya Sriram, Winged Post Co-Managing Editor
Ananya Sriram (12) is a co-managing editor for the Winged Post, and this is her fourth year on staff. This year, Ananya hopes to bond more with members of journalism staff and explore creative page designs to modernize Winged Post and help the paper find its essence. In her free time, she enjoys eating spicy food, curating a new monthly Spotify playlist or taking sunset photos.
Selina Xu
Selina Xu, Aquila Co-Managing Editor
Selina Xu (12) is a co-managing editor for Harker Aquila, and this is her fourth year on staff. This year, Selina hopes to hold engaging conversations and capture heartwarming moments on campus. In her free time, she enjoys reading, listening to music, and ingesting boba at an alarming rate.
Medha Yarlagadda
Medha Yarlagadda, Aquila Co-Managing Editor
Medha Yarlagadda (12) is a co-managing editor for Harker Aquila, and this is her fourth year on staff. This year, she hopes to work more closely with the staff while capturing stories of the school community. In her free time, she can be found cooking or baking, reading or trying new cafes.
Felix Chen
Felix Chen, Co-News Editor
Felix Chen (11) is the co-news editor for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is his third year on staff. Felix hopes to diversify this year's news coverage and work with members of the staff from all grades, contributing to the creation of a tight-knit community with a joy for journalism. He enjoys writing and reading of all sorts in his free time.
Vika Gautham
Vika Gautham, Co-Features Editor
Vika Gautham (11) is the co-features editor for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is her third year on staff. This year, Vika wishes to provide unique perspectives throughout her articles while engaging and informing readers. In her free time, she likes painting and hanging out with friends.
Anwen Hao
Anwen Hao, Co-Multimedia Editor
Anwen Hao (11) is the co-multimedia editor for Harker Aquila, and this is his third year on staff. This year, Anwen aspires to reach outside of his comfort zone and establish greater connections with his interviewees. In his free time, he enjoys playing with his cats and training for ballet and fencing.
Katerina Matta
Katerina Matta, Co-Sports Editor
Katerina Matta (11) is the co-sports editor for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is her third year on staff. This year, Katerina aims to expand sports features and diversify game coverage. In her free time, she enjoys playing beach volleyball and reading.
Gabe Sachse
Gabe Sachse, Sports Columnist
Gabe Sachse (11) is a sports columnist for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is his third year on staff. This year, Gabe wishes to write some investigative pieces and interview more members of the Harker community. In his free time, he plays for Harker's football and baseball teams and enjoys reading comic books.
Aishani Singh
Aishani Singh, Co-Multimedia Editor
Aishani Singh (11) is the co-multimedia editor for Harker Aquila, and this is her third year on staff. This year, Aishani wants to interview more members of the Harker community and create more podcasts. In her free time, she likes to listen to music and watch Gilmore Girls.
Hima Thota
Hima Thota, Co-Features Editor
Hima Thota (11) is the co-features editor for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is her third year on staff. This year, she's looking forward to exploring more features articles, designing pages, and working on her photography skills. In her free time, she enjoys watching Netflix and reading.
Jessica Wang
Jessica Wang, Co-Opinions Editor
Jessica Wang (11) is the co-opinions editor for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is her third year on staff. This year, Jessica wishes to cover a greater breadth of content in the articles she writes and publishes, as well as improve on her illustration and photography skills. In her free time, she enjoys making up new instant ramen recipes (influenced by her YouTube Shorts content) and playing with her cat (of which she is unfortunately allergic to, but loves all the same).
Claire Zhao
Claire Zhao, Co-STEM Editor
Claire Zhao (11) is the co-stem editor for Harker Aquila and the Winged Post, and this is her third year on staff. This year, Claire hopes she can get to know everyone on the journalism staff and make her interviews more conversational and open. In her free time, she likes doing photography, collecting cute stationery and ranting about her favorite media.