Keller’s Korner – October 19

This week encompassed several annual events that the entire student body had the opportunity to engage in.

“The NHS induction is very important in the life of the school [and] the Family Picnic K-12 is probably one of the biggest events every year with all the people that attended. […] I think everybody had a great time [and] it was a lot of fun all day long,” Butch Keller said. “The community service day for the freshmen is [also] really important as it gets all the students out and about and contributing to others.”

On Sunday, October 14, the Family Picnic took place at the Blackford campus. This year’s picnic featured several animals, with the theme of Paws, Jaws, and Claws. Members from the entire school community attended and participated in raffles, auctions, and games. In addition, Performing Arts groups from all campuses provided entertainment.

The National Honor Society (NHS) induction took place on Tuesday, October 16. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors who were accepted into the group, which emphasizes the qualities of leadership, scholarship, service, and character, were welcomed into the society with a candle-lighting ceremony. Senior officers Jenny Chen, Keri Clifford, Samantha Hoffman, and Ria Desai each gave speeches, along with faculty advisors Evan Barth and Jennifer Siraganian.

While the sophomores and juniors were taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 17, the freshmen class had the opportunity to begin their service hours during their annual community service trip. Students traveled by advisory to various local service centers, including Resource Area for Teaching (RAFT) and The Humane Society, to volunteer and bond as a group.

More events to look forward to next week include the Fall play and Spirit Night.