Keller’s Korner – September 28

Commencing with the sophomore ropes course trip and ending with a water polo match, this week also featured Australian high school visitors on campus.

“For Waffle Wednesday, I had the sophomore class council, […] so there was a lot of enthusiasm around the bonding and the fun at the ropes course. That’s exciting and that’s the purpose of the ropes course, to give the class a chance to bond a little bit,”  Butch Keller said. “I was [also] surprised at how much everybody enjoyed having the kids from St. Stephen’s here. That was very gratifying to see how gracious everyone from Harker was towards them. And of course whenever you highlight two athletic teams, [watching] them play is a lot of fun to go through their success.”

The sophomore class traveled to the La Honda and Santa Cruz ropes courses to engage in outdoor bonding activities on Monday, September 24. From climbing obstacle courses to walking on ropes suspended between trees, the sophomores learned about trust and teamwork while spending time with their advisories.

Throughout the week, visitors from one of the Upper School’s sister schools, St. Stephen’s School in Australia, spent time around campus. These students focused on performing arts and attended various relevant classes to learn more about the American system of schooling.

On Tuesday, September 25, both the Varsity girls’ and boys’ water polo teams competed in matches. The girls won against Monta Vista High School 8-7 in overtime, while the boys lost to Lynbrook High School with a score of 10-16. On Thursday, September 27, both teams defeated Cupertino High School, 13-4 and 17-3, respectively. The teams will have their next match against Saratoga High School on Thursday, October 4.

More events to look forward to next week include the junior class trip, Eagle Buddies, and an update on the girls’ golf team.