Keller’s Korner – September 15

With students settled into school life, this week’s events included the annual Club Fair along with Honor Awareness Week.

“The Club Fair probably was a highlight for me as just an entity to itself because so many kids get involved,” Butch Keller said. “One of the highlights of the year though is our awareness of the Honor Code and when we talk about it. […] The Honor and Ethics Conference being held this week [was] also a huge step for us as we continue to become a leader not only in this area but in the state for academic integrity.”

Students gathered by grade for this year’s Honor Code assembly, which took place on Tuesday, September 11. While the school watched a video about what honor means to participants from all parts of the community, both students and faculty signed the code by advisory. The assembly was followed by a discussion about honor in advisory on Thursday, September 13.

On Wednesday, September 12, students gathered in the gymnasium during long lunch to sign up for this year’s returning and new clubs alike. Colorful posters, artwork, and chemistry experiments were among some of the attractions that lined the gym as new students learned about the abundance of clubs on campus.

The Honor and Ethics Conference took place on Friday, September 14 in the Nichols Hall Rotunda. Attended by the Honor Council, the conference also featured representatives from schools in Santa Cruz, San Francisco, and Los Altos. Students and teachers had the opportunity to discuss case studies and learn about how other schools around the area perceive honor.

More events to look forward to next week include an update on girls’ tennis, a wellness session, and Eagle Buddies.