Keller’s Korner – May 25

As the 2011-2012 school year draws to a close, the senior class celebrated their last week on campus with the senior trip, Baccalaureate, and the annual awards ceremony.

“Baccalaureate still is one of my favorite times of the year as well as graduation,” Butch Keller said. “The highlight for me was the incredible amount of fun and bonding that took place on the senior trip. It always is amazing to me what happens on the senior trip during the advisory dinner and the “bonfire” the last night.”

The senior trip took place from Sunday, May 20 to Wednesday, May 23. Concluding their four years of high school, all the seniors had the opportunity to bond on their class trip to Laguna Beach, which included spending time together on the beach and at a bonfire. Rather than have a senior prank, the seniors were given an additional day to go to Disneyland.

The seniors passed on the torch to the juniors during Baccalaureate , which was held on Thursday, May 24. Speakers included salutatorian Michelle Deng (12), who reflected on her senior year experiences and spoke about the Upper School community, and Jason Berry, who was nominated by the seniors to address the student body at the ceremony.

The Upper School awards ceremony took place on Friday, May 25. Commencing the ceremony, Head of School Christopher Nikoloff addressed the entire student body, followed by a performance by the jazz band. Awards allowed recognition of students who excelled in both academics and extracurriculars, as well as general excellence over the past year. Downbeat’s rendition of Somebody to Love by Queen concluded the assembly.