Keller’s Korner – April 27

While this week was centered around spirit, more events that took place included the swimming senior night and Senior Showcase.

“Spirit week is always fun for me. Anytime that you recognize seniors, such as this week [when] we recognized the swim team, it’s a very cool thing. Those two things are really special to me in the life of the school for students,” Butch Keller said. “One of the highlights of my year is Senior Showcase. Personally, I can’t wait to see Seniors Showcase because it’s […] the senior day for performing arts.”

The swim team honored seniors Lucy Cheng, Tariq Jahshan, Kevin Khojasteh, Rachelle Koch, Andrew Lee, Cole Manaster, Daryl Neubeiser, Akshay Ramachandran, Kathryn Siegel, Tiffany Wong, and Albert Wu on Wednesday, April 25. The ceremony took place right before the team’s home meet against Sacred Heart Preparatory School and King’s Academy. Their next meet will take place on Thursday, May 3 at Sacred Heart Preparatory School.

Senior Showcase took place on Friday, April 27, at the Blackford theater. Seniors that have been a part of the Performing Arts Conservatory and Certificate program during their years at the Upper School performed various acts to showcase their abilities, including vocal music, musical theater, technical theater, theater, instrumental music, dance. The performance was preceded by the annual Hammies ceremony for all students involved in the conservatory.

Spring spirit week took place from Monday, April 23, to Friday, April 27. Featuring various class competitions from mattress races to a powder puff football game, the week ended in the Spring rally where students participated in class skits, the student council relay race, the duct tape regatta, and a scream off. The sophomore Eagle Buddies also made a guest appearance to join in the festivities.

More events to look forward to next week include the Spring Concert and the art exhibit.