Keller’s Korner – February 10

Over the past week, an improvisation troupe visited the Upper School, the Spring sports season commenced, and students participated in a spirit event.

“The assembly was one of my favorites of all time. The student body and faculty alike were laughing, and we know what good medicine that is for everyone,” Butch Keller said.

This past weekend, Baby Wants Candy, an improvisation troupe based in Chicago, put on a performance at the Upper School. After meeting the cast of last year’s Spring musical in Scotland, the group decided to visit the school. In addition to performing, Baby Wants Candy offered workshops during the day on Friday, February 3 for students interested in acting and improvisation.

Students adjusted to the new Spring sports season as tryouts continued this week. While the Winter sports wind down, athletes are currently having practice on the Blackford or Bucknall campuses, aside from swimmers.

On Wednesday, February 8, all students had the opportunity to take part in a spirit event in honor of Valentine’s Day. Participants had to aim at heart-shaped balloons with a bow and arrow. Students received prizes such as chocolates and candies for shooting the targets accurately.

More events to look forward to after the week-long break include the Fashion Show and updates on the Varsity swim teams.