Keller’s Korner – January 13

The last week of the semester included several major events such as Varsity boys’ basketball games, an announcement about Intel finalists, and an entrepreneur panel.

“How could the Intel awards not be the highlight [of this week]? We’re [also] featuring some balance in what school life is really about with the entrepreneur panel and the boys’ basketball,” said Upper School Division Head Butch Keller. “Those things just show the level to which we take things.”

The Varsity boys’ basketball team played two away games this past week, both of which resulted in victories for the eagles. On Tuesday, January 10, the team played Woodside Priory School with Nikhil Panu (11) scoring 30 points for a final score of 61-47. On Thursday, January 12, the team defeated Crystal Springs Uplands School 71-57 with Vik Jain (12) scoring 21 points.

Surrounded by cheers and applause, a record number of 11 seniors were announced to be Intel Science Talent Search semi-finalists. The Upper School has the most winners in the state of California, and the second most winners in the entire nation. The semi-finalists are: Prag Batra, Lucy Cheng, Nicole Dalal, Govinda Dasu, Michelle Deng, Vishesh Gupta, Revanth Kosaraju, Ramya Rangan, Pavitra Rengarajan, Kathryn Siegel, and Albert Wu.

On Wednesday, January 11, the Business and Entrepreneurship Club held their first Career Panel during long lunch in Nichols Auditorium for all Upper School students. Speakers were Akhsar Kharebov ‘02 and Steven Wu and Marty Wu, both of whom graduated from Stanford. All three have founded companies of their own at a young age.