Keller’s Korner – January 6

Kellers Korner - January 6

As school returned to full swing this week, events including two Varsity girls’ soccer games, a wrestling match, and the Student Directed Showcase (SDS) commenced the New Year.

“The highlight of this week was just getting back and seeing everyone,” said Upper School Division Head Butch Keller. “They look more relaxed and they look like they had a great break, and that’s what break is for. I’m really looking forward to SDS. The kids put so much work and time and energy in it; the directors basically put their heart and soul into it.”

Led by team captains Nicole Dalal (12), Samantha Walker (12), and Adrienne Mendel (11), the Varsity girls’ soccer team has an overall record of 3-1-1 at this point in the season. On Tuesday, January 3, they defeated Immaculate Conception Academy with a strong score of 6-1, while the game on Thursday, January 5, against Summit Preparatory High School resulted in a 1 all tie.

On Thursday, January 5, the wrestling team faced Lynbrook High School for their second match of the season in addition to a tournament held in December. Members of the team will participate in the Ruppel 2nd Mann Tournament today, January 6.

This year, the SDS shows are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead directed by Sebastian Herscher (12), Voices in Conflict directed by Tina Crnko (12), and How To Succeed in High School Without Really Trying directed by Alexander Najibi (12). The first show was held on Thursday, January 5, while the second show will take place today, January 6.

More events to look forward to next week include updates on the Varsity boys’ and girls’ basketball teams and the cheerleading team.