Keller’s Korner – December 9

Though finals take place next week, this week revolved around the holiday spirit and concluded with the annual holiday show. From painting windows to making ginger bread houses, students were able to relax in the days before their exams.

“This week is a really fun time, although the students are studying for the exams. When you look around campus and see all the windows decorated and all the gingerbread houses and the holiday show, how could it not be anything but fun?” said Butch Keller. “The great spirit of everyone is the highlight of this week for me.”

Students participated in a class competition by decorating windows around campus in honor of the holiday season. The juniors placed first with the sophomores in second. The class of 2012, who wrote the name of each senior on their painting, came in third, and the freshmen placed last.

During long lunch on Wednesday, December 7, another inter-class competition was held as each grade created a gingerbread masterpiece decorated with candy and icing. This time around, the juniors dominated, with the freshmen second, sophomores third, and seniors last.

Finally, on Friday, December 9, various performing arts groups from all three campuses danced and sang for the entire Upper School in the holiday show. From the Middle School’s dance group High Voltage to the Upper School’s Downbeat, all the performers ended the show leaving smiles on the audience’s faces.

More events to look forward to after Winter Break include features on the wrestling and Varsity girls’ soccer team.