Keller’s Korner – November 4

This week’s events included preparation for Homecoming, a golf update, and Head of School Christopher Nikoloff’s lecture series.

“This week seemed to be a transition week where we’re focusing a lot on the fall sports winding down, playing their last game, […] and then as everybody is getting anxious and ready preparing for Homecoming,” said Upper School Division Head Butch Keller.

Throughout this week, students from all classes have been preparing for Homecoming week, which will be held from November 7-11. From painting the class eagle to planning for skits, students worked in advance to ensure that their class will be well prepared for the spirit events to be held during the week. Additionally, students received their class t-shirts.

The girls’ varsity golf team placed third in the West Bay Athletic League (WBAL) with a total of six wins and four losses throughout the season. At the WBAL League Championships held on October 26 at Poplar Creek Golf Course, Patricia Huang (11) and Kristine Lin (10) qualified for the CCS Team and Individual Championships held at Rancho Canada Golf Club on November 1. Out of 114 golfers, Kristine came in 44th, while Patricia came in 81st.

Head of School Christopher Nikoloff held his second speech of the Cum Laude lecture series based on Alan Watts’ “On the Taboo against Knowing Who You Are” on Wednesday, November 2, during long lunch. Nikoloff discussed with students the difference between what is seen and what is missed, and how the two balance and emphasize each other.

Events to look forward to next week include everything that encompasses the tradition of Homecoming.