Keller’s Korner – September 30

Kellers Korner - September 30

This week included the junior class trip, the first week of dance production practices, and a cross-country meet.

“I think as far as student interaction, [the highlight this week] would have [to be] the junior trip,” said Upper School Division Head Butch Keller. “Kids have come back from sailing, they’ve come back from kayaking, they’re excited, [and] they had fun with each other. This is what it’s all about: class bonding [and] kids doing something together that was fun.”

The juniors traveled together to Elkhorn Slough in Monterey Bay or the Santa Cruz Harbor on Monday, September 26. The grade was split into two by advisories; students either went sailing in groups of six or kayaking in pairs.

Practices began this week for the annual dance production, Dancing Through Life, which will take place in late January. Taking the show in new directions, the new Upper School dance directors this year are Amalia De La Rosa and Karl Kuehn.

Led by team captains Christophe Pellissier (12), Proteek Biswas (12), Claudia Tischler (10), and Ragini Bhattacharya (11), the varsity cross-country team had their first West Bay Athletic League (WBAL) meet of the season on Thursday, September 29 at San Bruno Mountain Park. At the Stanford Invitational held on Saturday, September 24, the boys placed 24th overall out of 40 high schools.

More events to look forward to next week include freshmen elections, the sophomore Eagle Buddy program, and the first freshmen L.I.F.E. session with the senior panel.