A weekly chat with the Head of the Upper School – Keller’s Korner

A weekly chat with the Head of the Upper School - Kellers Korner

This week’s student activities included a fundraiser at BJ’s, the annual club fair, and three volleyball games.

“The club fair was definitely the highlight of the week. We’ve seen over 40 registered clubs already, and I’m sure there are going to be more […] it’s another way for kids to get involved and be leaders and have fun,” said Butch Keller, Upper School Division Head.

The senior class held a fundraiser at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse on Labor Day for all Upper School students. The profits will ultimately go towards funds for various expenses throughout the year, according to senior class treasurer Will Chang.

According to Kerry Enzensperger, Director of Community Service, the Club Fair this year included around 50 clubs, several of which are new. Clubs that have not been featured in previous years include Pep Band and the Fishing Club. Additionally, the Harker Improv Troupe provided live entertainment during the Fair, while Robotics utilized the stage to showcase their creations.

Led by team captains Aura Dave (12), Alisha Mayor (12), and Lucy Xu (12), the varisty volleyball team played a total of three games this week. Though this week’s first game against Homestead High School resulted in a loss, the team was victorious against San Lorenzo Valley High School on Thursday with a final score of 25-23 for the third game of the match. Today they will play a home game against Santa Cruz High School.

More events to look forward to next week include the first club meetings of the year, a varsity water polo match, and the Sophomore ropes course.