Keller’s Korner – April 28

Students embraced their class pride this week as each grade competed against one another during Spirit Week.

“For me, there wasn’t a single highlight that was more fun than the others. Spirit Week is just a great week to have some fun and release some energy before APs,” Butch Keller said. “With everything that transpired this week, it’s good to look out and see students having fun. It’s always nice to see the faculty embarrass themselves [during] Spirit Week.”

To earn points for their class, students were encouraged to dress according to each day’s theme. The week began with free cereal on Monday for Pajama Day, followed by Twin Day on Tuesday, Mathletes and Athletes Day on Wednesday, Would You Be My Friend if I Wore This Everyday Day on Thursday, and Class T-Shirt Day on Friday. Spirit events were held during lunch on Monday and Tuesday to gain additional class points.

Students crowded onto the Davis Field bleachers on Wednesday to cheer on their respective grades’ female football players during the annual Powder Puff game. The sophomores and juniors beat the seniors and freshmen. To support their peers, male cheerleaders performed routines in front of the school.

The Duct Tape Regatta took place on Thursday, with students bordering the perimeter of Singh Pool to root for their class’s regatta. The relay featured four rowers from each grade and a boat made entirely of duct tape and cardboard. The sophomores came in first place using the design that won them the relay last year, followed by the juniors in second, seniors in third, and freshmen in last.

On Friday, students once again gathered on Davis to conclude the week with the Spring Rally. Rather than perform a skit, members of each class were assigned a decade and a genre of music to choreograph a dance to perform in front of the rest of the school. From Bollywood to Hip Hop, the dances showcased a wide range of talents. During halftime, representatives from each grade took part in an obstacle course relay race that left the seniors in first, juniors in second, freshmen in third, and sophomores in last.

More events to look forward to next week include a feature on TedX.