Keller’s Korner – March 23

This week focused on spring sports in addition to the annual Red Cross blood drive.

“The Red Cross club has put a lot of time and energy into the blood drive. I think that the culmination of all the work and good will that’s being done with all of the donations will be the sliming of the ASB on Monday,” Butch Keller said. “If you think about the work that they’ve done, we segue into the sports teams and think about the amount of time and dedication they’ve put into their sport and representing their school in that way. I’m really proud of all the kids who are involved.”

After hosting sign-ups to donate blood last week, the Red Cross club held a blood drive on Wednesday, March 20. All non-anemic students 16 years of age and above who qualified height and weight restrictions were eligible to donate. Because the club met its goal in terms of the number of volunteers, it will reward the student body by sliming ASB members at Monday’s school meeting.

Following its first West Bay Athletic League (WBAL) meet, the Varsity track and field team competed in the St. Francis Invitational on Saturday, March 16. Sophomore Corey Gonzales, Isabelle Connell (12), and Sumit Minocha (12) all set records in the mile, 400 m, and 100 m respectively. The team also participated in the Garlic Invitational on March 23 at Gilroy High School.

On Wednesday, March 20, the Varsity boys volleyball team defeated Los Gatos High School in four sets with scores of 25-21, 22-25, 25-14, and 25-19. The boys currently have a season record of 3-3 and took part in their first alumni game ever on March 23 at the Blackford gymnasium.

More events to look forward to next week include a community service spotlight and a feature on the Hoscars.