Keller’s Korner – March 16

Featuring the Synopsys Science Fair and a L.I.F.E. session, this week concluded in the annual Evening of Jazz Concert.

“It’s tough to pick a highlight for this week because the three things that we’re featuring are just so exciting,” Butch Keller said. “I love the Jazz Band concerts. It’s fun and exciting to see them. But how can you say that that’s more exciting than Eagle Buddies, when there are 300 people involved in Eagle Buddies? Synopsys is also something just like Jazz Band that you have to put so much time into, so it’s rewarding for me to see people come to the end of their [projects].”

Student researchers presented science, technology, engineering, and mathematics projects they had been working on for the past several months at the annual Synopsys Science Fair at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Wednesday, March 13. The fair welcomes a total of about 1,000 students throughout the Silicon Valley each year. Students whose projects are ranked as the top in their respective categories by the judges will qualify to the state level round.

The L.I.F.E. board continued to raise awareness about driving safely during the assembly period for freshmen and sophomores on Thursday, March 14. Meanwhile, the juniors headed to the Bucknall campus to bond and play games with their fourth grade Eagle Buddies for the last time this year.

Featuring Jazz groups from the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools, the annual Evening of Jazz took place at the Blackford theatre on Friday, March 15. The Upper School Lab and Jazz bands played classic tunes including “Jive at Five” and “My Funny Valentine.” To conclude the concert, members of both bands gathered on stage to recognize their seniors and play “When the Saints Go Marching in.”

More events to look forward to next week include the Red Cross blood drive.