Keller’s Korner – February 9

This week on campus featured international guests for both educational and competitive purposes along with several athletic senior nights.

“It’s always fascinating for me when this community rallies around the seniors. It was just really exciting when you can see the community rally. It’s rejuvenating when we all get together like that,” Butch Keller said. “It’s [also] always fun to see the community have guests and see how [students] interact with our international friends and be hosts to them.”

From February 1 to February 2, the Upper School hosted the annual United States Invitational Young Physicist’s Tournament (USIYPT). The teams were presented with four problems in 2012 for which they had a year to prepare solutions to present during the competition. Out of seven schools from around the globe, including Tunisia and China, our team came in second place.

Over the course of the week, nine Swiss exchange students from one of the sister schools, Collége de Gambach, visited the Upper School and stayed with student host families. The students had the opportunity to visit local attractions and experience the American educational system throughout their stay.

As the Winter athletics season draws to a close, the boys and girls soccer as well as girls basketball teams held their senior nights this week to celebrate and honor the members who will be leaving after this year. While the girls Varsity team scrimmaged against the boys Junior Varsity team, the girls basketball and boys soccer teams suffered defeats.

Keller’s Korner will resume after President’s Week. We wish everyone a restful and enjoyable vacation.