Keller’s Korner – January 19

To mark the end of the first semester and the beginning of the second, students celebrated in style at Winter Ball, continuing this past week’s lineup with a science research reception and an Eagle Buddies visit.

“This was a week about fun, at least that’s what we’re highlighting in Keller’s Korner with the Winter Ball [and] Eagle Buddies,” Butch Keller said. “I do know that the Lower School looks forward to [Eagle Buddies] so much. I [enjoyed] going over and reading and watching all the students interact.”

Students from all four grades attended Winter Ball on January 12 in the Nichols Atrium. Run by the Spirit Club, the dance featured music, decorations, a photo station, and refreshments including a chocolate fountain.

In honor of all of this year’s Siemens Competition and Intel Science Talent Search participants, students and faculty alike attended a celebration of research in the Nichols Hall Rotunda. While six students were named 2013 Intel semi-finalists, four received recognition as Siemens regional finalists and six more as semi-finalists.

To conclude the week, the sophomores traveled to the Bucknall campus to spend time with their Eagle Buddies on Pajama Day. The sophomores read books with the Lower School students while decked in their sleepwear. Additionally, Keller read Miss Smith’s Incredible Storybook to the children.

More events to look forward to next week include Kicks Against Cancer and the Upper School’s first Club Day.