Ashley Del Alto honored at volleyball senior night

Senior Ashley Del Alto (middle) stands with the rest of her JV volleyball teammates. She was honored as the only senior in the program on Tuesday, October 30.

Before the game against Crystal Springs Uplands School yesterday, JV girls volleyball co-captain Ashley Del Alto (12) was honored as the only senior in the girls’ volleyball program.

Over the summer, Ashley joined the program despite having never played the sport before. Players on both JV and Varsity enjoyed supporting Ashley by making t-shirts to wear and posters to decorate the gym.

“Everyone was in it together; I think we made it really special for her,” JV co-captain Christine Lee (11) said. “Everyone was really happy and excited.”

Ashley enjoyed having support from her team and family.

“My favorite part about senior night was just having the team around to cheer me,” she said. “Also having my parents and my sister there to cheer me on. I really appreciated it.”

The JV girls won the match in two sets, with scores of 25-9 and 25-14 respectively. Ashley was a key factor in the team’s offensive success, as she was the second kill leader, with a total of 10 throughout the game.

The last home game of the regular season will be on Thursday at Blackford against Mercy Burlingame. JV plays at 4:30, followed by Varsity at 5:45.