ASB initiates Ukrainian aid fundraiser effort

Alysa Suleiman

Demonstrators at the Global Day of Action Sidewalk Vigil hold up signs supporting a ceasefire in Ukraine. The San Jose Peace and Justice Center organized the event yesterday at the intersection of the Winchester and Stevens Creek Boulevards in San Jose and provided signs to participants.

by Isha Moorjani and Nicole Tian

Associated Student Body (ASB) announced the establishment of a Ukraine Fundraiser Task Force on March 1 for humanitarian aid and to help support the Ukrainian people. 

“Over the past week, ASB has heard many suggestions for fundraisers to support the people of Ukraine,” ASB President Dawson Chen (12) wrote in a Schoology post to the Upper School Students group. “Since this issue is very urgent and important, ASB is establishing a Ukraine Fundraiser Task Force and would like to involve all interested students and clubs!”

Interested students should have filled out this form to indicate what kind of involvement they are interested in. Students can volunteer either individually in the task force or can request for a club or organization to lead a subcommittee of the task force. According to the Schoology update, each subcommittee will have the opportunity to host fundraisers, and all proceeds will be combined and donated to a Ukrainian humanitarian organization.