Varsity football wins first game of the season

On Friday, August 31, the Varsity football team plays against Yerba Buena High School on Davis Field. The team is led by captains Spenser Quash (12), Drew Goldstein (12), Ryan Mui (12), JP Doherty (12), and Michael Chen (12).

The football season opened with a resounding victory as the Varsity team won 49-0 against Yerba Buena High School on Friday, August 31.

Within the first few minutes of the game, quarterback Spenser Quash (12) managed to score a touchdown, followed by another later in the game, and threw touchdown passes to Robert Deng (12), Kevin Moss (11), Adarsh Battu (11), and Sravan Rajathilak (11).

With the score at 42-0 midway, Ryan Mui (12) made the final touchdown in the second half of the game.

Many fans were very pleased with the game.

“It was a great start for the season, and things look really good,” Kevin Susai (12) said. “We are all looking forward to the rest of the season.”

The team has been working on plays since February and attended practice five days a week throughout summer. They also went through 13 continuous days during Pre-Season camp.

“They put in a lot of time and were fully invested in the program, and it showed. They executed really well,” Head Coach Ron Forbes said.

The players are now focused on preparing for the next game, which will be held away against Andrew Hill High School on Friday, September 7.