School meeting recap 2/22

Kathy Fang

Performing arts director Laura Lang-Ree reminds students about theater protocol. The Rothschild Performing Arts Center opened on Feb. 3.

by Anvi Banga, Aquila Asst. News Editor

The meeting started with a moment of silence for the victims of the recent Parkland, Florida school shooting.

The AP art students are showcasing their art in an exhibition during lunch in Nichols Hall on Feb. 28.

The annual CTF programming competition is on March 30 from 3 to 8 p.m. in Nichols Hall. Teams of 2 to 4 members can sign up at harker.io/signup until March 2.

The applications for the upper school TEDx officer team opened today, and business and entrepreneurship teacher Michael Acheatel emailed more information to students today afternoon.

The speech and debate team gave their quarterly report with updates on how their competitive season is going.

The Coyote Ridge hike is a 3-mile hike from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on March 10. Permission slips for the hike are due to Spanish teacher Diana Moss by March 5, and the trip is limited to 60 students.

The Shakespeare competition was held in Nichols Auditorium during lunch today at 12:45 p.m. Winner Avi Gulati (10) will be proceeding to the San Francisco regional competition.

FEM club announced that their teachers forum will take place on Feb. 28 at 12:50 p.m. during long lunch.

Next week is Future Problem Solvers’ club week, and they will be selling mini bundt cakes every day after school.

Production manager Brian Larsen and performing arts director Laura Lang-Ree told students about policies regarding the new Rothschild Performing Arts Center, and Downbeat performed one of the songs they will perform at the United Voices concert tomorrow in the Patil Theater.

Harker Athletics gave a short update about games this past week and encouraged students and faculty to support the teams at upcoming games this week.