Varsity boys basketball wins against Crystal Springs

Junior+Gene+Wang+dribbles+across+the+court+in+the+home+game+against+Crystal+Springs+Uplands.+They+won+the+game+by+a+margin+of+36+points.+

Nicole Chen

Junior Gene Wang dribbles across the court in the home game against Crystal Springs Uplands. They won the game by a margin of 36 points.

by Nicole Chen, Aquila Features Editor

Upper school varsity boys basketball won 74-38 against Crystal Springs Uplands School at their home game today at 6 p.m.

The Eagles started out strong with a 21-10 lead over Crystal Springs in the first quarter. They retained their position over Crystal Springs, going into halftime with a score of 38-16.

The third quarter ended with 54-26, placing Harker in the lead in the start of the second half of the game. Harker ended the game strong with an overall score of 74-38.

“I feel like we did get out a lot in transitions and scored more earlier rather than waiting for later in the game,” Gene Wang (11) said. “But, I think we can work on making better passes in the future.”

Eric Jeong (12) took the lead today, scoring 13 points in total. Following, Peter Connors (12) and Giovanni Rofa (10) scored 12 and 10 points, respectively.

With the win, the varsity boys basketball team currently has an overall 7-4. So far, the team has won games against Andrew P. Hill High School, James Lick High School, North Monterey County High School, Lynbrook High School, Monta Vista High School and Del Mar High School this year.

The cheerleaders were present at the game as well, and during halftime, they performed a short routine.

“I think the game went really well today because we won, which is really nice,” cheerleader Kelly Shen (11) said. “This is the first game that we’re cheering at, so it’s good that we won.”

The team’s next game will be against Woodside Priory school in the gym at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow.