First Quadchella features student, faculty performers in talent show

Student Council Student Event Committee Head Shania Wang (11) introduces Director of Learning, Innovation and Design Diane Main and English teacher Christopher Hurshman’s act to Quadchella attendees. Those interested in performing in Quadchella were invited to sign up for the event via tiny.cc/quadchella.

by Zoe Sanders, Reporter

Harker’s newest talent show Quadchella featured a variety of different acts and both student and teacher performers during long lunch today in the auxiliary gym.

As lunch went on and the performances began, more and more student and faculty spectators trickled in and the gym filled up quickly. A total of nine acts, each introduced by student council members, were performed during the event.

Student Council Student Event Committee Head Shania Wang (11) was one of the students involved in organizing this event, along with other members of student council.

“I’m really happy with how everything turned out,” Shania said. “I was really happy to see so many people here. I am definitely planning on hosting future events.”

This event displayed Harker’s close and friendly community. During many performances, attendees snapped, clapped, waved their arms and sang along to the songs or other acts being performed.

“[Harker] is a really welcoming environment,” performer Audrey Liu (9), who played the piano, said. “When I first heard about Quadchella, I immediately knew I wanted to do it.”

All of the acts showcased by students and teachers of the Harker community received cheering rounds of applauses. Many audience members were impressed by the performers’ abilities.

“It takes an enormous amount of courage and confidence to be able to get up in front of the school,” Haris Hosseini (11) said. “I can’t choose just one [performance] that I loved.”

Some students and teachers began preparing for this event soon after it was announced, while others, including performer Kaitlyn Nguyen (12), who performed a self-written poem, did not plan very far in advance.

“I started practicing last night at 12 [a.m],” Kaitlyn said.

Student council plans on holding future Quadchellas, and those interested in participating in the next events can sign up through the link tiny.cc/quadchella.