Juniors head to Bucknall to spend time with Eagle Buddies

Isabel+Lai+%2811%29+runs+after+her+buddy+on+the+blacktop+at+the+Lower+School.+Juniors+met+with+their+Eagle+Buddies+today+in+the+afternoon.+

Trisha Dwivedi

Isabel Lai (11) runs after her buddy on the blacktop at the Lower School. Juniors met with their Eagle Buddies today in the afternoon.

by Raveena Kapatkar and Trisha Dwivedi

The junior class traveled to the Bucknall campus this afternoon for the first Eagle Buddies meeting of the year.

Students have been exchanging letters with their fourth grade buddies since the beginning of the year. Some juniors have new Eagle Buddies this year, so the letters served as a means to get to know their buddies.

Angela Kim (11) commented on her favorite part of the Eagle Buddies program.

“My favorite part is that we get to hang out with [our buddies] and play with them,” she said. “It’s a nice break from our everyday schoolwork.”

The juniors and their Eagle Buddies spent the afternoon at the Lower School eating lunch, playing on the field and blacktop and making friendship bracelets.

Juniors left the Upper School as soon as fifth/sixth period ended at 11:45 a.m. and returned an hour and 50 minutes later. While the juniors were at the Lower School, the freshmen, sophomores and seniors participated in LIFE assemblies.

Fourth grader Maria “Masha” Velikhovskaya met her Eagle Buddies Haley Tran (11) and Priyanka Taneja (11) for the first time today because she is a new student.

Lucas Wang (11) reflected on how he enjoys mentoring and spending time with his buddy.

“I like hanging out with [the Eagle Buddies] and hopefully being a good role model for them,” Lucas said.

The juniors will meet with their Eagle Buddies again in March.