Sports update: golf and tennis league champions

Anjay Saklecha

Sophomore Elizabeth Schick hits the tennis ball during a match. The varsity girls team will play a CCS match on Tuesday.

by Anjay Saklecha, Reporter

Varsity girls tennis competed in the West Bay Athletic League (WBAL) tournament on Nov. 3 at Menlo High School. Doubles team Elizabeth Schick (10) and Pamela Duke (9) placed first overall in doubles as league champions. Also, senior Izzy Gross and sophomore Gloria Guo ranked fourth in the doubles bracket. Singles player Liza Egorova (9) got third in the individual singles league. Elizabeth and Pamela’s first place rank will allow them to represent the team in the CCS Individual Championship later this month.

In golf, sophomore Katherine Zhu ranked third overall with a score of 69 during the 2015 CCS Girls’ Golf Championships on Nov. 3 at the Rancho Canada Golf Course in Carmel. Her high rank entitles her to participate in the Northern California local tournament. The team placed eighth overall with a score of 443 defeating Palo Alto High School by one point. This is Katherine’s second year on the varsity girls golf team, and in both years, she has qualified to compete in the NorCal championship. The regional competition takes place this week in Salinas.