School meeting recap – 1/12

ASB+President+Sarah+Bean+%2812%29+welcomes+the+school+to+todays+school+meeting.+Todays+meeting+featured+a+few+short+announcements+and+was+followed+by+performances+from+Guys+Gig+and+the+Brown+Derbies.+

Kaity Gee

ASB President Sarah Bean (12) welcomes the school to today’s school meeting. Today’s meeting featured a few short announcements and was followed by performances from Guys Gig and the Brown Derbies.

Seniors and sophomores should go to the Atrium and Auditorium respectively for their class meetings tomorrow due to seniors having their graduation cap and gown fitting.

Student council will be selling Valentines’ Day grams beginning tomorrow during both lunches in addition to providing a link for students wishing to order online. Students can choose to send either flowers, chocolates or both.

Female students interested in attending a lead on conference featuring speakers such as  Hillary Clinton should fill out CareerConnect’s survey by Wednesday. The event will take place on Feb. 9 from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

The newly created “How to Life” program, created by juniors Natalie Simonian and Shannon Hong,  will host a 30 minute self-defense class this Wednesday from 11:20 a.m/ to 11:50 a.m. “How to Life” will also sponsor sessions regarding cooking, taxes and more. Interested students should email Jane Keller.

Winter Ball will be hosted this Saturday in the Atrium from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets will be on sale all week.

The annual Kicks Against Cancer soccer game will take place after school on Friday, Jan. 23. Merchandise will be available for purchase and all proceeds will be donated to Camp Okizu.

The annual Winter Concert will take place this Friday at the Mexican Heritage Theater at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are currently available on the student and parent portals.

There are no alternate or special schedules for the remainder of the week.