School Meeting Recap – 10/13

ASB+President+Sarah+Bean+%2812%29+addresses+the+school+during+school+meeting.+

Maya Jeyendran

ASB President Sarah Bean (12) addresses the school during school meeting.

Mid semester grades open to students and parents on the student and parent portals on Wednesday at 5 p.m.

This week is Technology Student Association’s club week. Members will be selling Fantasia bubble tea and cupcakes every day after school. Items cost $3 individually and $5 for both a cupcake and tea, and the minimum purchase amount for charging to a student account is $5.

Chess club meets every Friday to complete in league chess matches. Contact club advisor Anthony Silk at [email protected] if interested.

The Test of Engineering Aptitude, Math, and Science will take place on a Saturday next February. Students interested should visit the Teams page on Athena2. There will be an informational meeting in Anthony Silk’s classroom after school this Friday.

Students should refrain from placing trash or other items in the cell phone donation bins.

BEcon will take place this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Upper School.

The first of three concerts of the Harker Concert Series will take place this Friday in the Nichols Hall Auditorium. This concert will feature the Lipinski Stradivarius violin played by Frank Almond.

Eagle Update: Niki Iyer (10) and Corey Gonzales (12) competed in the Clovis Cross Country Invitational last Saturday. Cross country will race again this Thursday. Girls’ golf lost to Menlo but defeated Mercy-Burlingame last week. Girls’ tennis will face Castilleja and Menlo this week, and girls’ volleyball will face Mercy-San Francisco and Sacred Heart Prep this week. Football lost to San Lorenzo Valley last Saturday.

Tuesday will be a Wednesday schedule. Freshmen will take part in their community service trip while sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT on Wednesday. Friday is a special schedule to accommodate an assembly.