School Meeting Recap – 10/6

Priscilla Pan

Karl Kuehn and Bradley Stoll discuss support for the LGBTQ community during morning meeting. Students who support the LGBTQ community should wear red this Friday.

Honor Council will host an information session with activities outside Manzanita Hall on Wednesday during long lunch.

Instead of class meeting, students will attend advisory tomorrow to participate in the Honor Council survey and to sign the Honor Code.

Students who wish to show support of the LGBTQ community should wear red this Friday to celebrate National Coming Out Day, which will take place on Oct. 11.

Cookies will be stationed in the quad, Nichols Hall, and Shah Hall during Friday’s extra help to honor and celebrate the birthday of Howard Nichols, the former Head of School.

Eagle Update: Harker football won 51-6 over Ribet Academy during the Homecoming game last Saturday. Girls’ tennis was defeated by Menlo, and girls’ volleyball won against Notre Dame-San Jose last week. Girls’ golf lost to Castilleja last week, and faces Mercy Burlingame tomorrow. Niki Iyer (10) and Corey Gonzales (12) both placed second at a cross country league meet held at San Bruno Mountain Park last Wednesday.

Homecoming tickets, which cost $10, are on sale in Manzanita Hall during lunch this week.

Girls’ Varsity basketball is hosting open gyms on Mondays and Wednesdays that will take place at either Saratoga or Bucknall from 4:30-6:30 p.m. The team is also hosting workouts which will take place on Tuesday from 3:45 onwards. The first practice is on Nov 3.

CareerConnect is hosting a Resume Workshop with guest Michelle Vitus this Wednesday from noon to 12:30 p.m. in the Innovation Center.