Students from each grade compete in the annual dodgeball competition

Varun Baldwa

Senior Srivinay Irrinki throws a gatorskin ball and the final four freshmen standing. The class wanted to uphold the reputation of the seniors in the dodgeball event.

Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors competed in the annual dodgeball spirit event in the gymnasium during Wednesday long lunch.

Each game lasted for three minutes, and at the end of the three minutes, a winner would be chosen based on the number of players still standing. The games are a best of three, meaning that the first team to win two games wins the competition.

The juniors took on the freshmen for the first game of the tournament, and the seniors competed against the sophomores.

The juniors were thrilled for the first major spirit event of the year, expressed through their loud chants in which they screamed, “I believe that we will win!”

“Dodgeball is fun and it’s like a big class event, so it’s always fun to just do these kinds of things with your classmates,” junior Edward Sheu said.

This excitement led to an increase in confidence in some students.

“I think we are going to win because we are better than the other classes,” Prithvi Gudapati (11) said.

The juniors defeated the freshmen in the first two games, getting almost the entire freshmen team out. In the second game, the seniors took on the sophomores for the final competition of the day.

The seniors dodgeball players, all wearing their class t-shirts, ran into the gymnasium rooting for their class.

“It’s just really awesome to play for the senior team because we know we’re going to beat everyone,” Nathan Dalal (12) said.

The seniors defeated the sophomores by taking advantage of their opponents with their aggressiveness, leading to their consecutive victories against the sophomores.

The senior class will face off against the juniors for to move on in the dodgeball tournament next Wednesday at 12 p.m in the gymnasium. The winner of that game will face off against the faculty.