School Meeting Recap – 5/27

English teacher Pauline Paskali discusses the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The festival will take place from Sept. 26 – 28.

The new ASB conducted the last school meeting of the year in the gym from 9:50 to 10:10 a.m. today.

The Green Team, formerly the BOSS Club, announced a campaign that encourages drivers to refrain from leaving their car engines running unnecessarily. An email announcement containing more information will be sent out later this week.

Students planning to take AP Physics C, 11th or 12th grade AP Chemistry, AP Latin, AP French, AP Japanese, AP Spanish Literature, or any AP art class will have summer assignments that will be posted on the student portal within the next two weeks.

Several students were recognized for their achievement in computer science by the National Center for Women in Information Technology Award for Aspirations in Community. Students acknowledged are among the top 15% of over 2300 applicants nationwide.

Maurice Caldwell, an exoneree who spent 20 years in prison for a murder he did not commit, will be revisiting the Upper School tomorrow in the Nichols auditorium from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. He will also attend AP US History and US History classes.

The Oregon Shakespeare Festival will take place from Sept. 26 to Sept. 28. Students interested in attending should contact Pauline Paskali at [email protected] and deposits are due Friday.

The upcoming fall play, selected by a student committee, will be “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

The used textbook exchange will take place on June 28 and July 26 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It will take place at the quad, providing an opportunity for students to both buy and sell old textbooks.

Students interested in becoming Eagle Update speakers for next year should either email Dan Molin at [email protected] or visit his office.

Eagle Update: Freshman Niki Iyer won two league track and field titles in the 1600m and 3200m. Niki also qualified for CCS Finals this Friday by running a 10:51.59 3200m, a new school and personal record. Senior Wei Wei Buchsteiner also broke the school record in the high jump by 12 inches, winning a league title in the process. Swimmer Eric Wang (11) placed in 14th in the 200-yard individual medley and 12th in the 100-yard breaststroke at CCS Finals. Senior Kimberly Ma placed 14th in the 500-yard freestyle, and junior Stacey Chao placed in diving.

There is a special schedule on Thursday for long advisory and locker cleanout; 8th period will also be replaced with extra help. Friday’s schedule will be a Monday schedule.