School meeting recap 3/28

School meeting recap 3/28

Production Manager Brian Larsen encourages students interested in teching this year's spring musical

Production Manager Brian Larsen encourages students interested in teching this year's spring musical "42nd Street" to email him regarding availability. Three students are still needed to join the tech crew for the production.

Kathy Fang

Kathy Fang

Kathy Fang

by Anvi Banga, Aquila Asst. News Editor

Harker Athletics gave a short update about games this past week and encouraged students and faculty to support the teams at upcoming games this week.

Interact’s club week is this week, and they are selling Pinkberry frozen yogurt for $5 all week during lunch and after school and Pizookies for $3 on Friday during lunch and after school.

The winner of this year’s summer reading photography contest is Andrew Skrobak (11) and his winning work can be seen at library.harker.org/summerreading.

Green Team is sanitizing water bottles found in the lost and found, and they will be available to be claimed by owners on April 9. The remaining water bottles will be available to students for free during Green Team’s club week from April 16 to 20.

Harker Robotics placed second at the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) robotics competition at UC Davis last week. They also qualified for the FIRST Championship, which will be held from April 18 to 21 in Houston. The team showed a video about the robots they have built during the past few years. They will also be competing in the Silicon Valley regionals at San Jose State University this weekend.

Founder of the Computer History Museum’s Exponential Center Marguerite Gong Hancock spoke today at 12:40 p.m. in the Innovation Center.

The next Quadchella will take place on May 2, and signups are available at tiny.cc/quadchella.

Medical Club is hosting a visit to Stanford medical school on April 3 from 12 to 1:30 p.m. Signups are available outside biology teacher Dr. Matthew Harley’s room in upstairs Nichols.

Three tech crew members are needed for this year’s spring musical “42nd Street.” Students interested in teching the shows can email Production Manager Brian Larsen at [email protected].

The journalism program played a video produced by staff photo editor Kathy Fang (10) about the March For Our Lives event on March 24.