Front page update (Issue 4)

Jessie Wang

Participants in English teacher Christopher Hurshman’s LIFE session on adulting raise their hands. Hurshman held his discussion in the CyberLoft on Jan. 29.

LIFE workshop tackles time management

Chemistry teacher Dr. Smriti Koodanjeri will host a talk on time management in the Living with Intent, Focus and Enthusiasm (LIFE) series’ next installment tomorrow at 12:45 p.m. in the CyberLoft.

Dr. Koodanjeri plans to run the session, titled “Finding Time,” as a discussion in which students can share concerns or problems with each other and also receive tips from her.

“I’ve been doing planning and teaching kids time management since 2010, and [problems] always come back to the lack of time,” Dr. Koodanjeri said. “Teaching kids how to manage their time has really become my passion.”

Honor societies celebrate International Week

The National French, Japanese and Chinese Honor Societies and the Junior Classical League (JCL) will collectively host International Week, a combined club week fundraising for Doctors Without Borders, to promote the connection between and celebrate individually their respective cultures.

Chinese National Honor Society (CNHS) will be selling boba and nian gao today. French National Honor Society (FNHS) will sell crepes and other French food tomorrow during office hours, lunch and after school, with Japanese National Honor Society (JNHS) hosting a Super Smash Bros. tournament and CNHS holding their annual dragon dance event.

JCL will fundraise Wednesday and JNHS will sell musubi, mochi and Calpico and host wasabi roulette Thursday. FNHS will wrap up the week with their annual cultural night.

“We hope to gain a better understanding of multiple cultures and alert the entire student population to both global communities and their own values,” JNHS president Kaitlin Hsu (12) said.

Students to take annual AMC 10/12 exams

Students will take the American Mathematics Competition (AMC) 10 and 12 A exams Wednesday morning in Nichols Atrium during a specifically allocated morning block period replacing first period.

First period will instead occur on Thursday, replacing school meeting and morning office hours.

All upper school students were eligible to sign up for the 12 A and all underclassmen were eligible to sign up for the 10 A.

This piece was originally published in the pages of the Winged Post on February 5, 2018.