Unveiling the Yearbook

Students+wait+in+line+to+receive+their+yearbooks+after+school.+On+May+23%2C+Amplify+was+revealed+to+the+freshmen%2C+sophomores%2C+and+juniors.+
Students wait in line to receive their yearbooks after school. On May 23, “Amplify” was revealed to the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.

As the last bell of the day rang today, students anxiously waited in line to receive their coveted yearbooks as others rushed over to the journalism room.

“I’m thrilled that the yearbook staff’s year of hard work paid off,” said the editor-in-chief, Kevin Lin (12). “We are happy to share this book with the community.”

This year’s theme, “Amplify,” was created to symbolize the growth and development of the community throughout their years in high school.

In honor of the fifteenth volume, this year’s yearbook reflects upon the differences between the present and the past every fifteen pages. With topics ranging from class trips to alumni interviews, students are able to see how much has changed within the community by comparing the campus lifestyle of this year to what it was fifteen years ago.

“I think it’s a really creative idea to have the fifteen pages and I liked reading about the past,” Sachin Peddada (10) said.

For the freshmen, many noticed that the yearbook certainly has amplified since the middle school.

“The yearbook is a lot more organized and nicer than before,” Madison Tomihiro (9) said. “It’s just better overall.”

As students flipped to the index to see which pages they were featured on, it allowed them to realize what they had accomplished in the past year.

“It’s going to remind me of my high school endeavors every time I look through it, whether it’s participating in a club or being in the dance production,” Matthew Huang (10) said.

While the rest of the school was waiting in line to receive their yearbooks, the seniors’ books had already been distributed on Sunday night during their class trip.

“There is no better pensieve through which I can reflect upon the past year than this edition of the yearbook,” said senior Timothy Luong. “As I flipped through the pages, I was able to reminisce about all the memories I created and see how much I, along with my friends, have grown throughout my four years here.”

This year’s spring supplement will be mailed home at the end of the year.