Ultimate Frisbee game sparks friendly competition during Spirit Week

Emma Gao

Students contend for the frisbee during yesterday’s Ultimate Frisbee game held during lunch on Davis Field. Tomorrow will wrap up Spirit Week with a rally in the Zhang Gymnasium starting at 11:10 a.m.

by Felix Chen and Emma Gao

Around 20 upper school students participated in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament as part of Spirit Week, competing on Davis Field during lunch on Thursday.

The combined team of seniors and frosh triumphed 5-2 over the juniors and sophomores, winning a prize of doughnut holes for their classes. Refereed by Harker Spirit Leadership Team (HSLT) member Nick Delfino (12), the match took place from 11:35 to 11:50 a.m. and drew dozens of spectators decked in Disney gear as part of Thursday’s dress-up theme.

Junior Anish Jain, who competed in the game, welcomed the chance to display his class pride, despite the loss. 

“There was a lot of adrenaline going,” Anish said. “It was really fun, [and] it was a great time overall. Next year we’re going to win.”

Friday wrapped up Spirit Week with a rally in the Zhang Gymnasium from 11:10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in which the juniors emerged victorious. Classes also performed their spirit dances accompanied by Harker Dance Company (HDC) and the Cheer team.