ASB representatives announced

The Associated Student Body (ASB) for next year will consist of Michael Zhao (11) as president, Sanil Rajput (11) as vice president, Grace Guan (11) as secretary and Ray Song (10) as treasurer.

Freshmen, sophomores and juniors elected their ASB representatives during both lunches last Thursday, April 9, following the same procedure as voting for the ninth grade honor council representatives and class council.

Sandip Nirmel (10) ran for for president alongside Michael, Chris Hailey (10) ran for vice president alongside Sanil, Shannon Hong (11) ran for secretary alongside Grace and Dhanush Madabusi (11) and Shreya Sankara (11) ran for treasurer alongside Ray.

Shannon discussed her reaction to the ASB results.

“I know that Michael and Sanil as president and vice president will do a lot,” Shannon said. “As a candidate, I am running for my senior class council.”

The candidates delivered speeches on April 8 to the student body.

“I feel like although some of the candidates’ speeches were a little lacking and sometimes they didn’t really have any concrete proposals, […] they had lots of enthusiasm for what they were doing,” Abhinav Ketineni (11) said.

Current ASB Secretary Shikhar Dixit (12) discussed some of the efforts this year’s ASB is making to prepare for next year.

“We’re trying to build a notebook which essentially has all the changes and connections that we made in our tenure so that [next year’s ASB] can have access to those and they can be a great ASB,” Shikhar said.

Class council elections are upcoming, and candidates have been collecting signatures for their candidacy forms this week.