Weekly sports previews: March 28 to March 31

Alana+Brill+%289%29+competes+in+the+butterfly+race+during+a+home+meet+last+Thursday.+Girls+lacrosse%2C+boys+volleyball%2C+swimming+and+baseball+have+matches+this+week.+

Emma Milner

Alana Brill (9) competes in the butterfly race during a home meet last Thursday. Girls lacrosse, boys volleyball, swimming and baseball have matches this week.

by Emma Milner, Assistant Sports Editor

Girls lacrosse

Varsity girls lacrosse stands undefeated in their league with a score of 7-0. The team beat Notre Dame San Jose 18-5 in an away game on Friday. The team looks to play Presentation High School on Friday at home.

Boys volleyball

The varsity boys volleyball team participated in the Monta Vista tournament on Saturday, where they beat Saratoga High School, Carlmont High School and Monta Vista. They placed 6th out of 16 teams overall. The Eagles play against Cupertino High School tomorrow. The team’s current record stands at 9-8.

Track and Field

The track and field team competed at the Firebird Invitational on Saturday. Andrew Fu (12) and Ankali Yella (11) both won their own 100m races. Frosh Brady Tse won the 800m and set a personal record.  Adam Sayed (11) and Veyd Patil (11) set new personal records in the 1600m and 800m. Veyd Patil also set a new Harker record in the 800m. 

Swimming

The varsity swim team hosted its second league meet of the season at the Singh Aquatic Center on March 23. The team was successful in every event, as each swimmer placed in the top three of their respective event. They compete against Crystal Springs, Priory, King’s Academy, Nueva and Pinewood at Sacred Heart on Thursday at 4:00 p.m.

Boys golf

The varsity boys golf team defeated Nueva 203-238 last Monday at Peninsula Golf & Country Club. They remain undefeated in their league.

Baseball

The varsity boys baseball team will play their first game of the season against Summit Denali on Thursday at Washington Park.