Juniors and seniors make memories at “Frozen in Time” themed prom

Irina Malyugina

Junior Delaney Logue dances with friends at prom on Saturday. Prom was held at the Silicon Valley Capitol Club in downtown San Jose.

by Irina Malyugina and Kathy Fang

Seventeen floors above the lights of downtown San Jose, upper school students spent the night of April 27th “frozen in time” at this year’s prom, hosted in the Silicon Valley Capitol Club from 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

On the balcony, students dined, drank mocktails mixed by the venue’s staff, interacted with their friends. Some students also took photos with their date, using the San Jose city skyline and sunset as a backdrop. Many students simply enjoyed the view, watching the sky fade from a faint pink to the pitch black of night.

Students had a variety of activities to take part in, from playing poker to dancing. They also received tickets for a raffle, in which they could win prizes such as Airpods, upon entering. This year’s raffle winners were Jacob Kim (12), Ethan Hu (11), Catherine Wang (12) and Katelyn Vo (11).

The venue included a dance floor, which was packed with seniors, juniors and the occasional underclassman dancing to music.