Second Quadchella of the year features student and faculty performers

Teresa+Cai+%289%29+plays+the+guitar+during+the+annual+Quadchella.+Both+students+and+faculty+performed+at+the+event.+

Nicole Tian

Teresa Cai (9) plays the guitar during the annual Quadchella. Both students and faculty performed at the event.

by Nicole Tian, Reporter

This year’s second Quadchella, organized by student council, was held in the quad during long lunch today and featured performers from all grades as well as from faculty. The goal of this event is to encourage members of the Harker community to display their talents as well as a chance for their peers to show support for these performances.

Various acts included Teresa Cai (9) playing “Happier” by Marshmello and Bastille on an acoustic guitar, sophomore duo Aria Wong and Olivia Guo as well as seniors Sara Min, Ashley Jia, Laura Wu, Angela Li and Catherine Wang dancing to Korean pop bands, and freshmen Kai Due and Brandon Park performing an original hip-hop dance routine to a mix of songs. Computer Science teacher Anu Datar and juniors Maddie Huynh, Emily Chen, Michelle Kwan and Tiffany Zhao danced to Bollywood music, a tradition which stemmed from Datar’s advisory.

A multitude of students and faculty also participated in vocal acts, including Production Manager Brian Larsen and English teacher Dr. Beth Wahl. Ayan Nath (9) sang and rapped “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, Cindy Wang (12) and Katherine Zhang (12) harmonized on Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect,” and Nathaniel Melisso (11) sang his original song “I Don’t Care.”

Along with watching the performances, audience members could enjoy hamburgers, corn dogs and chips from the food truck that was parked between Main and Manzanita.