How to support the Northern California Camp Fire victims from campus

The+sun+shines+a+bright+orange-red+color+due+to+the+smoke.+The+Camp+Fire+in+Butte+County+started+in+November%2C+causing+air+quality+issues+through+northern+California.+

The sun shines a bright orange-red color due to the smoke. The Camp Fire in Butte County started in November, causing air quality issues through northern California.

Irina Malyugina

Irina Malyugina

Irina Malyugina

by Ryan Guan, Executive News Editor

After the state’s deadliest wildfire ravaged several Northern California counties last month and recovery efforts continue, several groups on campus will host fundraisers in order to assist victims.

The journalism room and the office of community service director Kerry Enzensperger are accepting donations of needed goods, including gift cards.

All proceeds from the Student Council snack bar this week will benefit charities helping with the wildfire. The freshman class will hold a fundraiser from Dec. 10 to 14; 25 percent of proceeds will go to wildfire relief as well.

ASB and Student Council members took the floor at Monday’s school meeting to encourage students to donate the money that they would have spent on Secret Santa and White Elephant gift exchanges.